SOSEdu is looking for part-time Local Coordinators. This is a contract position. Local Coordinators will work directly with international high school students, host families, and schools. We offer a decent supplemental income, and potential for bonuses. The majority of work is done from home and requires some visiting your local students. Great for those stay at home parents, Teachers or anyone wanting to make extra income. This is a perfect position for someone good at networking their community.
A great way to make a supplemental income.
Exc Coordinators Must be able to:
*Pass a criminal background check.
*Have access to a computer, printer, and scanner (or smartphone).
*Have reliable transportation and be able to drive to areas within 40 miles of your residence.
*Work well with a team.
*Be self-motivated to set and reach goals.
*Recruit host families in your area and match with international students
*Conduct host family interview and home safety inspection
*Assist in obtaining School Acceptance for the international student.
*Complete placement paperwork.
*Supervise the Student while with the family during their program year.
*Submit monthly check-in documentation by deadline.
Must be 25 years and older
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $5,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
- English (Preferred)
- Chinese a Plus
- Why do you think this position is a good fit for you?
As an SOS Local Coordinator you are the first line of contact for the students. It is your job to encourage and support your students, families and schools in all of their endeavors. Your actions are crucial to ensuring a successful exchange experience for all program participants. All Local Coordinators will undergo a Criminal Background check prior to starting any work for SOSEdu Exchange.
It is your responsibility to complete the host family recruiting and screening process according to the information provided to you in this training manual. Failure to do so may result in non-payment and or termination.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promote SOSEdu program in the local community.
- Recruit potential host families for student placement. Ensure that the host family has financial resources to undertake hosting obligations and is capable of providing a comfortable and safe home environment for the student.
- Conduct an in home host family visit prior to student’s arrival, obtain photos of the home, and outside area.
- Obtain paperwork necessary to complete the placement: 1. Criminal Background check Authorization Form (one for each host family member 18 years or older), 2. Host Family Reference Review (call references to verify) 3. Host Family Agreement Form, 4. Host Family Interview Form. Paperwork must be sent to the HQ within 15 days of completion or prior to student’s arrival.
- Conduct a Host Family Orientation prior to your student’s arrival. Provide host families with information regarding the exchange program and the parameters of their participation, duties, responsibilities and financial obligations. Review in detail the SOSEdu Host Family Handbook and the House Rules.
- Meet SOSedu students on arrival at local airports when possible and secure meeting arrangements with host family.
- Conduct a Student Orientation no later than two weeks after student’s arrival. Review the orientation guidelines and obtain a signed Student Orientation Agreement.
- Monitor progress and experiences of student /host family placement. Initiate telephone or in person contact with your students and host families at least once a month. Monthly Reports must be conducted for each student and must be submitted no later than the 5th of the following month.
- Be available to SOSEdu students and host families to assist with any problems or questions that may occur. Keep clear documentation of any problems that may arise through your student’s Supervision Blog in Atlas. Meet with student and host family to solve problems and/or misunderstandings.
- Timely relocation of students in the event of an emergency situation. Removing a student from the current host family may require the student’s temporary stay in the SOSEdu Local Coordinator’s home until a replacement host family is secured.
- Report all student violations of U.S. laws or SOSEdu program rules within 24 hours. Reporting must be done in writing; in the case of a serious offense the report must be made immediately by phone to the SOSEdu National Office.
- Assist students with departure preparation and bid farewell at local airport.
Local Coordinator Responsibilities
- Comply with all SOS, U.S., local, state, and Federal laws/requirements to do business as an independent contractor.
- Immediately report the following to your Regional Coordinator or SOSEdu Exchange National Office:
- Knowledge of student’s intent to move from host family.
- Your student is moved from the current host family.
- Any travel in which a student intends to participate. It is important to ensure appropriate release forms are signed (by natural family, student, and HF) and returned to SOSEdu prior to student’s departure or participation. Students are not allowed to leave the U.S. and return without prior consent and appropriate documentation. If a student is interested in traveling with a member of the natural family, the natural parents must sign a travel authorization form temporarily releasing SOSEdu of any responsibility during the duration of the trip.
- Knowledge of student’s natural family/friend intention to visit the student in the U.S.
- Student medical emergency; please call the SOSEdu National Office immediately so that we may contact natural parents.
Computer and Internet Requirements You need to be familiar with working on a computer, as you will be submitting your reports using our online Monthly Contact forms. We recommend that you have a high-speed internet connection. You should be familiar with Word, and have Adobe downloaded (it is free) on your computer. Adobe will open PDF documents. You should also have access to a printer and scanner. Library computer labs are free if you don’t have a printer and scanner at home. Host family screening paperwork is completed all online and submits directly into our database. Your email address should be secure and you should be willing to check it once a day.
|Job Category||Local Coordinators|
|Job Type||Part Time or Full time|